Thursday, August 6, 2015

Trailer and Commentary for the Documentary: The True Cost



The True Cost  available on Netflix

Even though I didn't enjoy reading Women in Clothes but I did find the information about sweatshops and the employees who work there really informative. Actually, it really struck a nerve with me and it makes the fashion industry look really bad. What happened to company responsibility?

Last night, I watched this documentary "The True Cost" which focused on the high demand for cheap and affordable clothes with the substandard working conditions for the workers in sweatshops. Also it's impact on the environment.

Watching that made me wonder, as a fashionably conscientious person is there anything I can do as a consumer if I don't like what's going on in the fashion industry? It definitely made me want to look into what I can do to be a more ethical shopper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be the biggest insane fashionista ever until I read up on the fashion industry. Now, I have a capsule wardrobe and it helps a lot for me. I also go to thrift stores.

Book Girl said...

Thank you for commenting.

I'm still not sure what to do but your comment gave me few more things to think about.