Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year's Eve!!!


Christmas may be over and the year drawing to a close however, we have this finale day of the year to celebrate. I have the perfect little dress sitting in my closet that I will be wearing to my friend's party tonight. And in between partying and enjoying the night, I know I'm going to be thinking back not only on the upcoming new year but this soon to be over one.

I just wanted to take a few moments to write down a few things, I started this blog a few years ago with the intention of writing about the books that I was either currently reading or have read. But also as a way of finding new books that I would like to read. Something that I had not expected on was that blogging gave me the chance to meet others (online and in real life) in the book blogging community and other booklovers. Next year, I plan to continue with reading and reviewing books but I am also going to make more effort to post more books of interests. I just love putting the spotlight on books, no matter if they're old or new.

As a bookaholic a.k.a. book blogger (or to some even a book advocate), I always wish that books got the same amount of publicity and advertisement as other forms of entertainment (i.e. sports, movies, TV, etct.). Can you just imagine if books got even a small fraction of the attention as all the promotion Star Wars has received lately? Just imagine all the books that would be discovered.

Last but certainly not least, if you visit my blog on a fairly basis then I'm sure you know that I'm a geek. I think it's great that we live in a time where geeks can finally embrace all their geeky/nerdy interests. I look forward to posting more geek related stuff in the new year.

To close out this last post of 2015, I really want to wish everyone a very happy and fun New Year's Eve.

Stay safe and see you in the new year.

~ Book Girl

No comments: