Monday, January 4, 2016

365 Days of Books of Interest: Day #4: The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo book #1)

I haven't decided if I want to read the Magnus Chase series but I'm interested in giving this new series a read.

Although, I find the description to be interesting, I do wonder why Apollo has been transformed into a teenager instead of as an adult. I think it would have been even more interesting if Apollo had been older say perhaps in his 20s or even 30s. Regardless, I'll still give it a read.



Book: The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo book #1) by Rick Riordan

Publication: May 3, 2016

Description:

How do you punish an immortal?

By making him human.

After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favor.

But Apollo has many enemies-gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.

No comments: