Monday, February 29, 2016

Fitness Monday: Fitspiration: Sam Witwicky


Sam Witwicky is not exactly who you would think of for a fitness inspiration. But do you remember the scene in the first Transformers movie, it was near the end when Sam was tasked with getting the Allspark to the roof of the building, so that the military could retrieve it.

During that scene Sam ran nonstop to get to the building and not to mention he ran up numerous flights of stairs. Granted he did have alien robots trying to kill him. Regardless, that was some endurance.

Which leads me to today's Fitspiration post, I was inspired by Sam to start running. Over the last few years, I've attempted it but never stuck with it. But after recently watching Transformers for the umpteenth time, I was inspired to give it another try.

From my research, the best method I found for a beginner such as myself, is to start with walking for 10-30 minutes before trying a one minute or less run. Eventually over time I should be able to increase my run time and gradually build up my endurance. The main thing is to start out slow otherwise I could risk an injury. And aside from running, I have a mini rowing machine that I can use as another form of endurance training.

Interested in running, the only things required are: a good pair of running shoes (they certainly don't need to be expensive) and for the ladies a sports bra (it's very necessary).

Running doesn't require a giant robot chasing you but it was a great motivator for Sam. As with any exercise or workout, please consult your doctor before attempting.

No comments: