Monday, February 1, 2016

My Latest Obsession for February

Photo Credit: BetsyLife (betsylife.com) for Neapolitan Cupcake recipe (original recipe site: Six Sisters's Stuff (sixsistersstuff.com))


Can you believe, it's already February and that means Black History Month, Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, several Presidents' Days, Ash Wednesday and Chinese New Year. It's a full little month especially when you combine that with all the other things we do on a daily basis.

It has been a while since I posted Latest Obsession post and I thought why not write something for February. Here are few things that I'm currently obsessed with:


Heart Shaped Items

There is something so cheerful and positive about this shape. And no matter what, whenever I see one, it always puts a smile on my face.


Silver Heart Sculpture    $14.95   Pier 1 Imports (pier1.com)



Star Gazing

I love looking at the stars and the moon. So, while it was still dark out this morning, I took some time to star gaze. Although, I could only see a few stars, it was the moon that was really bright and clear.




Wearing Red

You can wear red (be it fashion or beauty) anytime but wearing it this month seems to add an extra flirty and romantic vibe, even if you're wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans.

Curious George Women's Red T-Shirt     $19.60 (sale, regular price $28.00)    Out of Print (outofprintclothing.com) 
Purchase of this shirt sends one book to a community in need



Reading More Books

No surprise here with this one, since this is a book blog. But I want to continue to read a variety of books as well as find new favorites.

Eartha Kitt


Joan Crawford



Marilyn Monroe



Enjoying the Quiet Moments

I admit it, sometimes I don't take the time to enjoy the quiet moments. But I decided to do just that. I want to spend more time drawing, going to museums to look at the art but taking my time to do it, and so many more things.




Making More Cozy Home Meals

I've been gathering recipes for a while and now I'm going to actually make some of them. This should be fun if not different because honestly, I'm tired of going out to eat or picking up the random fast food. It's time to cook for myself.





Finding More Cruelty Free Beauty Products

Since last April, I have been following a humane/cruelty free beauty lifestyle. Early on, it was a little bit of a struggle trying to find products that were cruelty free. Since then, I have select group of products that I use but I'm looking to find more, especially hair care product.


No comments: