Sunday, February 7, 2016

Scooby-Doo Meets Impulse Shopping


I am no longer allowed to go anywhere near Amazon.com. Why you may ask? Because I just ordered the complete series of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! and seasons 1 and 3 of What's New Scooby-Doo? (I already had season 2). Plus, a few of the Scooby-Doo animated movies I didn't have.


As you can see I was on a bit of Scooby-Doo kick. I figured I would go ahead and complete my collection.

Buying all of that Scooby-Doo stuff wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't already ordered seven books a couple of days ago. Yes, the glory of overspending. I guess on that note, it's a perfect segue for the next book I will be reading "The Year Without a Purchase" by Scott Dannemiller. I will be reading this tomorrow.

I guess I've been ordering and buying way too many books (and non-books items) lately. I don't need to ask the Scooby gang where my money's gone, since I know exactly what happened to it.

I know I talk about trying to save money quite a bit. But this time I'm finally going to get serious about it. First, starting with cutting back on shopping and from there I will have to stick with my budget and not go over it. It's the impulse shopping that I need to watch out for because honestly that's the cause of a lot of my shopping sprees. I certainly have more than enough books and taking a break from buying new books shouldn't be too hard. My goal is not to buy anymore books until May. That seems reasonable.

I only have one exception:

My weekly comics are not included in the book buying break.


With that settled, time to start saving!

Wish me luck.

~ Book Girl

Is there anyone else who needs to cut back on shopping? Or are there any tips you would like to recommend?

2 comments:

PrettyKitty said...

Good post. Recently I had to put myself on a budget, designer bags are my obsession. A tip that works for me is wait before you purchase whatever your obsessing over. This way you don't impulse buy.

Book Girl said...

Thanks for commenting and leaving a tip.