Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Why I Love Reading?


Why I love reading? It's the perfect way to relax, curling up with a good book and a hot cup of tea allows me to escape into whatever world I'm reading.

I'm currently reading two very different books, 1st to Die by James Patterson puts me in detective Lindsay Boxer's shoes as she tries to find a serial killer going after newlyweds. While, reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is off to a more subdued start with Isabella "Bella" Swan getting acquainted with her new school and trying to find something enjoyable about living in rainy Forks, Washington. The first is a mystery and the other a supernatural romance, two very distinct books.

Out of all the genres that I love reading, mysteries may be my favorite. Why? It's because I've always been rather inquisitive, I'm never without a question. Mysteries give me a chance to not only problem solve but a chance to question the clues that are sprinkled throughout. I love a good mystery and the old Sherlock Holmes stories by Arthur Conan Doyle have always given me a good mystery to solve. But there is also something about those cozy mysteries, some will surprise me and have a great mystery while others simply lose track of the story.

I figure there are millions of reasons why I might want to read. Perhaps I want a daring adventure or a swoon worthy romance. Or the latest volume of my favorite comic book or finding a classic I've never read. All that matters is finding books that interest me, well that is sort of my motto "If it interest me, I'll read it."

As I get older, I have found that I read books that didn't used to interest me such as nonfiction. I would only read them if they had been required reading such as for school but now as an adult, it's interesting to see how my taste has changed. Perhaps yours have changed as well.

I think all the changes have help make me love reading even more because I can't help wondering what new (or old) books I may find.

No comments: