Friday, April 22, 2016

Happy Earth Day! (Plus 7 Simple Green Living Tips & Four Earth Day! Children's Books)


I know that Earth Day is a great way to do something really special for the environment. However, everyday I try to do a little something even if it's recycling what I can or carrying my tote bag(s) with me when I go shopping.

Looking for simple everyday going green tips you can find a lot of them by searching online. Here are a few more that I like to do:

1. Turn off the lights and TV when not in use.

2. Use a reusable water bottle.

3. Feed the birds.

4. Donate my old stuff.

5. Although I buy new books, I also buy books from the thrift store or used bookstores.

6. I walk whenever possible instead of driving. I'm also looking into getting a bike.

7. Turn off the water when I brush my teeth.



Four Earth Day! books for children


Book: It's Earth Day! by Mercer Mayer

Description:

Little Critter is on a mission! After watching a film about climate changes at school, Little Critter decides to do his part to slow down global warming. With the help of his family and friends, Little Critter begins to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Together they learn about the importance of not wasting water or energy. Join Little Critter as he plants a tree, makes a climate control machine, and helps the polar bears.





Book: Earth Day Every Day by Lisa Bullard with illustrations by Xiao Xin

Description:

On Earth Day, we find ways to help the Earth. Trina plants trees with her class. She forms an Earth Day club with her friends. What can you do to make every day Earth Day? Do your part to be a planet protector! Discover how to reduce, reuse, recycle, and more with Tyler and Trina in the Planet Protectors series, part of the Cloverleaf Books collection. These nonfiction picture books feature kid-friendly text and illustrations to make learning fun!





Book: Fancy Nancy: Every Day Is Earth Day by Jane O'Connor with illustrations by Robin Preiss Glasser

Description:

Being green is important to Nancy—so important that she wants her family to take care of the Earth morning, noon, and night!





Book: The Berenstain Bears Go Green by Jan and Mike Berenstain

Description:

The Berenstain Bears live in a wonderful place filled with green grass, blue skies, and lots of furry friends. But on a fishing trip at the creek, the Bear family discovers that the town dump is overflowing. It's spilling garbage into the water! Can the Berenstain Bears find a pollution solution before their beloved county is filled with garbage?

No comments: