Saturday, May 21, 2016

365 Days of Books of Interest: Day #140: Scoop

Besides my love of reading, I have a slight interests in reporting and writing. I noticed that many of my favorite characters are even writers and reporters (um, that might make for interesting list).

I was reading over the description for this book and it seems like it will be a fun read. I love when an author doesn't take the story too serious and through in some good laughs.



Book: Scoop by Evelyn Waugh

Description:

Lord Copper, newspaper magnate and proprietor of the Daily Beast, has always prided himself on his intuitive flair for spotting ace reporters. That is not to say he has not made the odd blunder, however, and may in a moment of weakness make another. Acting on a dinner party tip from Mrs. Algernon Stitch, Lord Copper feels convinced that he has hit on just the chap to cover a promising war in the African Republic of Ishmaelia. So begins Scoop, Waugh's exuberant comedy of mistaken identity and brilliantly irreverent satire of the hectic pursuit of hot news.

No comments: