Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Currently Reading: Harley Quinn vol #1 (New 52)


For the New 52, DC Comics decided to reimage and redesign Harley Quinn. Her personality and antics are more in line with Marvel's Deadpool. A while back, I read issues #0 and #1 but put this series to the side (I wasn't exactly thrilled with issue #0).

However, earlier today, as I was going through one of my boxes of comics, I found my Harley Quinn section (yes, my comics are in sections) and figured I would finally giving this series a read.

I see a lot of mixed reviews from fans in regards to the New 52 Harley Quinn some say it's a good series while others say it's a poor imitation of Deadpool. Either way, I'll be reading this series until the last issue.


Book: Harley Quinn volume #1: Hot in the City (issues #0-8) by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti

Illustrations by Chad Hardin (issues #1-3 and #5-8) and Stephane Roux (issue #2 and #4)

Color by Alex Sinclair (issues #1-3 and #5-8) and Paul Mounts (issue #4 and #7)

Letters by John J. Hill (issues #0-8)


Edition: Single Print Issues

Description:

Fresh from BATMAN: DEATH OF THE FAMILY and SUICIDE SQUAD, Harley Quinn returns to her first solo series in the New 52! The writing team of Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner unleashed Harley on an unsuspecting DC Universe, as she encounters various heroes and villains...and leaves no one unscathed in her wake! With art by Chad Hardin and a slew of comics' best artists including Darwyn Cooke, Sam Kieth, Tony S. Daniel, Paul Pope, Walter Simonson and Art Baltazar!

No comments: