Thursday, August 4, 2016

365 Days of Books of Interest: Day #215: China Rich Girlfriend

Even though the first book Crazy Rich Asians is at the top of my To Read List, I still would like to pick up the sequel. That way I already have it. Buying sequel before I've read the first book is a bit of a bad habit to have in regards to buying books but it something I've always done.

However, I did hear that both the first and this second book were good. So that's something to think about as I add another book to my wishlist.



Book: China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians book #2) by Kevin Kwan

Description:

It’s the eve of Rachel Chu’s wedding, and she should be over the moon. She has a flawless Asscher-cut diamond, a wedding dress she loves, and a fiancĂ© willing to thwart his meddling relatives and give up one of the biggest fortunes in Asia in order to marry her. Still, Rachel mourns the fact that her birthfather, a man she never knew, won’t be there to walk her down the aisle. 

Then a chance accident reveals his identity. Suddenly, Rachel is drawn into a dizzying world of Shanghai splendor, a world where people attend church in a penthouse, where exotic cars race down the boulevard, and where people aren’t just crazy rich … they’re China rich.

No comments: