Monday, September 26, 2016

TV Round Up: Preacher

There are times when all I want to do is go out while other times I just want to stay in and nest. And the latter is just what I did yesterday, I spent a good portion of the day doing absolutely nothing except relaxing and watching a few TV shows and movies.

One of the shows I watched was Preacher, I can't believe I'm just now getting around to watching this. For anyone who has xfinity, it's still available On Demand until September 29th.


I know this show is based on a comic book series which I have not read and I heard complaints from fans that this show wasn't good. However, I was happily stunned (perhaps ignorance is bliss) by how good this show is. Although, it is weird but in a good way. Dominic Cooper (Reverend Jesse Custer), Ruth Negga (Tulip O'Hare) and Joe Gilgun (Cassidy) are so much fun to watch. All the characters on this show are completely flawed and extremely messed up.

I did say this show is weird right, the Preacher is filled with all this supernatural strangeness coupled with mystery as dysfunctional Reverend Custer returned to his small Texas hometown to not only save himself but his town. Then you have Tulip out there seeking vengeance while Cassidy is a strange mystery most of the time.


I have got to stop waiting until forever to watch shows I'm interested in seeing. Why do I do this to myself? I could have been watching the Preacher all summer. I don't binge watch show (not enough time) but I would consider the Preacher to be binge worthy. It's really one of those shows I can't stop watching. I only have a few episodes left to watch, I really can't wait to see how this crazy season ends.

Side Note: Congrats to Preacher on getting renewed for a second season.

Anyone who watched or is watching Preacher, what do you think of the show? Please no spoilers for those (such as myself) who have not seen all the episodes.

No comments: