Thursday, October 27, 2016

Cookies and a Movie: Something Borrowed

I just made some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, they're in the oven right now. It shouldn't take them too long to bake. I also just finished watching Something Borrowed, I haven't seen this movie in a long time. And for some reason I decided to put on the DVD, I figure sometimes you just need to watch a romantic dramedy.


Something, I never realized before is that this movie sort of reminds me of Bride Wars, well character wise that is. The characters that Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin portray in this movie have a similar type of friendship to the characters that Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway portray in the other movie. The archetypes are definitely the same with the bubbly bossy blonde and the meek brunette but it's even more extreme in Bride Wars. Although Something Borrowed is based on a book (which I haven't read) and the other as far as I know is not but the similarities are there.

I guess I better go check on my cookies, don't want them to burn. I love baking or cooking because it's a good stress relief. Perhaps I'll make this a new column, who knows.

No comments: