Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Marvel Should Reboot Pepper Potts by Casting Jessica Chastain in the Role


I like movie verse Virginia "Pepper" Potts who was played by Gwyneth Paltrow, she's smart, sophisticated and can actually put up with Tony Stark and his antics which takes extraordinary patience. However with it looking like she most likely will not be returning I hope that doesn't lead Marvel Studio executives to think of completely getting rid of the character.

Instead I think this would be a great time to start looking for another actress to take over the role. And one that I think would be amazing in the role is Jessica Chastain. She's a very skilled actress, have you seen Zero Dark Thirty? If not you have to, she was great in that and not to mention her roles in The Help, Mama, Crimson Peak, The Huntsman: Winter's War and The Martian.

Although I enjoyed Paltrow's performance, something I didn't like was that she didn't really have much of a presence on screen making Pepper rather forgettable. However, everything I've seen Chastain in, she stands out big time. I know that she's a very busy and highly sought after actress and producer but I can't help thinking she would make an amazing Pepper Potts. She has this way of making her characters come alive and seem very believable. Most importantly, I like that you don't see her you see the character. I would love for her to be cast but who knows if Marvel Studios will ever bring back Pepper Potts.

Would love to know what you think: Would you like to see Jessica Chastain as Pepper Potts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jessica Chastain but I disagree. I think Gwyneth Paltrow did one of her finest jobs ever with Pepper Potts, she's far from forgettable imo. She portrayed her amazingly from the first film to the last she appeared in and all with the little screen time she had - which is a shame by the way. She made the character fleshed out, believable and actually interesting. Pepper is one of the few characters that act like a real, emotional being in these movies she's also very conflicted, they just don't explore it further but it's there. And I don't think I need to mention her amazing chemistry with RDJ, they're just really great on screen.

The character hasn't appeared in the MCU in nearly four years and people still remember her and actually ask for her presence in the films online, so not forgettable at all I think. Oh and Paltrow replied to a fan on Twitter last weekend expressing how she'd love to play Pepper again with a simple "You and me both!" when said fan mentioned they'd like to see Rescue (Pepper's alter ego in the comic books) in the future films. So I think Marvel should just renew her contract already.

Book Girl said...

Thank you for leaving a comment. As I wrote I do like Gwyneth Paltrow's portrayal of Pepper Potts but I felt like she did not have a strong on screen presence. There was nothing that made the character truly standout or spark. Despite being an interesting character, Pepper came off as being forgettable.

I see no problem with replacing Paltrow don't forget Marvel also replaced Terrence Howard as James Rhodes with Don Cheadle.

Her absence from Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War also proves that she isn't necessarily needed. But I do like the character and don't want Marvel to phase her out just wouldn't mind a different actress playing the part if Paltrow doesn't return.