Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day! (+ a Green Acres Marathon)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I wish everyone a fun, safe and happy St. Patrick's Day. For anyone looking for something fun to watch for the holiday, there's a Green Acres marathon on the Antenna TV channel.

I love this show it's so wacky and ridiculous with Oliver Wendell Douglas tired of the rat race of New York City decides to buy a farm in Hooterville. Too bad his wife Lisa who enjoys all the glamor of living in the city doesn't share his love of wanting to live on a farm. As a lawyer I don't understand how Mr. Douglas got suckered by that crook Mr. Haney into buying that dilapidated farm.

And that farm is nothing but trouble and couple that with all the zany residents of Hooterville there is always something going wrong. I forgot that Lisa can't cook she's always making something out of that infamous hotscakes batter such as those hotskebabs or in that Christmas episode she made a hideous fruitcake. They make me cringe just thinking about them.

I really don't know why I love watching wacky TV shows but I do and there is nothing more wackier than Green Acres.

No comments: