Friday, April 7, 2017

TV Round Up: Shadowhunters (My thoughts on S1 episodes 1-3)


I was looking for something new and different and supernatural to watch, so after scrolling through On Demand I found Shadowhunters. I know the series is already halfway through it's second season but I never watched it. I'm glad I took a chance because after watching the first three episodes I'm liking what I've seen so far. I do wish the vampires weren't so wimpy, they should be able to put up a better fight before being destroyed.

Something I don't like or should I say who I don't like is Jace and Clary. I know they are the main characters of the show but they are so extremely boring they remind me of Twilight's Bella and Edward. There is nothing interesting about Clary and Jace that make me care about them, she's dumb and he's an emotionless robot. I don't even care that Clary's mother Jocelyn was taken because she should have been ready for this situation. I do wonder what her mother's boyfriend Luc is up to and which side is he really on. I'm on the fence about Simon, he is indeed annoying but at least he's not as boring as Clary and Jace.

There are three characters that I really like, siblings Alec and Isabelle "Izzy". He's grumpy and she's fun and they should be the stars of the series. It's so obvious that Alec has a crush or have feelings for Jace that I don't understand how neither one doesn't see it. It's not often that a character like Izzy who is a sexual person gets to be seen in a positive way. I like that she gets to express being who she is without being called derogatory names. And the third character I like is Magnus Bane. Although he wasn't shown much in the first three episodes, he's very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him and his magic. If these three are half as interesting as they are on the show then I might be interested in reading the Mortal Instrument books at some point.

Despite a few things and characters I find irritating, I'm going to continue watching the show. It's not bad and I love these posters of Alec, Izzy and Magnus.

No comments: