Monday, April 16, 2018

Static Shock is Still One of the Best Animated Series

Static Shock is still one of my favorite animated series and that cartoon introduced a lot of new fans (including myself) to Static/Virgil Hawkins. This series, which premiered in 2000, focused on Virgil who was trying to balance between his life as a new superhero and being a regular teenager. He stopped a lot of crime along the way and he even got to team up with the Justice League to stop Brainiac.

Although it was only on for four seasons the series besides being fun to watch dealt with quite a few social issues such as bullying, racism, gun violence, homelessness, etc. There are certainly no current cartoon series that even come close to dealing with those types of issues.

I'm happy DC Comics/Warner Bros. have finally released each season on DVD with the fourth and final season available next Tuesday (4/24). I already have the first season and plan on getting the rest, I can't wait to finally have the complete series and rewatch every episode.

It took years for them to finally release the series on DVD, I was wondering if there are any other Static Shock fans that are buying these DVDs?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was out. Man I haven't seen this show since high school.