Saturday, September 8, 2018

Weekend Film: Sierra Burgess is a Loser

This isn't my usual Weekend Films post but there's nothing new I want to see in theatres. However, there is the newest Netflix's movie, Sierra Burgess is a Loser that I want to watch.

The trailer for this movie which has Sierra pretending to be someone else reminds me of the 90s movie The Truth About Cats & Dogs where this so-called unattractive woman fell for this cute guy but then her pretty friend is mistaken as being her. So she asked her friend to pretend to be her. This is a plot I've seen before in books and movies such as in the Hallmark channel movie A Crush on You where a guy mistakenly falls for the woman he believed was his secret admirer but it turned out to be not the woman he thought he was communicating with through e-mails.

I guess the book that started the whole mistaken identity thing is Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand, which I can't believe I still haven't read yet. Anyway, I think Sierra Burgess is a Loser seems like fun movie that I'm going to watch sometime today. I'm really interested in seeing how it ends.


Sierra Burgess is a Loser


Starring: Shannon Purser, Kristine Froseth, RJ Cyler, Noah Centineo, Loretta Devine, Alice Lee, Lea Thompson, Alan Ruck and more

Director: Ian Samuels

Description:

A case of mistaken identity results in unexpected romance when the most popular girl in high school and the biggest loser must come together to win over their crushes.

No comments: