Monday, January 6, 2020

Geek on a Budget: It's Okay to Buy Yourself Something

I know after the holidays, we're all focused on saving money and sticking to a budget but it's okay to make an occasional purchase. It doesn't have to be something big or something that would ruin your newly created budget. However, I do think it's okay to buy yourself something small or inexpensive such as a book (on sale), a lip gloss, a Funko or anything else affordable that may have caught your eye.

I think if we try to stick with following a budget we should still be able to treat ourselves to something good. I remember a few years ago when I did an Essentials Only challenge, it started out good but the drastic challenge ended with me overspending. Since then I've avoided drastic challenges and stuck to my budget while also buying myself a few little gifts occasionally. However, I also try not to make a habit of doing this too often because buying a lot of little gifts can add up.

No comments: