Monday, February 17, 2020

What are your favorite Harrison Ford non-Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies?

With The Call of the Wild in theatres on Friday, I realized that I haven't seen a lot of Harrison Ford's movies aside from Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Last month, someone on Twitter asked "What are your favorite Harrison Ford movies other than Star Wars or Indiana Jones films?

This question caught me by surprise because at that moment I realized that I had only seen two of Harrison Ford's non-Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies. One was Regarding Henry which I watched years ago but I thought it was really good with Henry having to rebuild his life after he was shot. He was such a horrible person prior to that terrible incident and afterwards he became a completely different and nicer person. The other movie was Cowboys & Aliens which was also really good because how can you go wrong with aliens in the old west.

Since, I couldn't believe I had only watched two of his movies, I decided to change that. Since then I've watched three movies the first was Force 10 from Navarone, it's an old war movie that was surprisingly good. The story follows a group of soldiers during World War II who keep running into one incident after another. The second movie was Heroes, it's a good movie that stars Henry Winkler as Jack Dunne, a Vietnam veteran who had dreams of starting a worm farm while also dealing with a bit of post traumatic stress disorder. Also in the movie was Sally Fields as Carol Bell who was supposed to get married but was avoiding dealing with it by taking a trip on a bus which is how she met Jack. This movie also featured Ford in a minor role as Ken Boyd who was one of Jack's former army buddies who also seem to be suffering from the aftereffects from the war. The third movie was American Graffiti which follows a group of high school graduates who spend the night cruising through the streets and getting into a little bit of trouble. This is another movie in which Ford had a minor role as Bob Falfa, a sort of a trouble making hot-rodder looking for a race.

After watching those movies, I wanted to see more so I ordered a few. For now, I can't really answer the question about my favorite Harrison Ford non-Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies because I'm in the early stages of watching them. But if you've already watch some of his non-SW and IJ movies, I would love to know which ones are your favorite?

(The Call of the Wild)

No comments: