Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Comic Book Wednesday: March 4th Picks

As an avid comic book reader, I was wonder what would bring in new readers? I know Free Comic Book Day works in getting readers in the stores but what about the rest of the year? What should publishers do to get new readers? I know two things they could do:

1) Lower prices. If you buy a lot of books they really start to add it up and lowering the prices would be a good way to bring in more readers.

2) Less reboots. Publishers don't need to keep restarting to gain new readers. I remember when I first started reading comics, I didn't read any of those series from the beginning. It did inspire me to read older issues which is what most readers did to get caught up. There really is no reason to reboot so often all readers want are good stories.

Anyway, my list is very light this week with only two books: Vampironica: New Blood and Lois Lane. I might check and see if there are any other books I might want to read on the shelf. With that said what are books are you getting?


Archie Comics


Book: Vampironica: New Blood #3 (of 4)

Description:

Who is Sir Francis Lodge? And how did Vampironica’s ancestor play such a pivotal role in the emergence of vampirism in America? Join us for a journey through time as the one-time pirate leaves a trail of blood from the old world to the new— all the way up to the very creation of Riverdale itself!





DC Comics


Book: Lois Lane #9 (of 12)

Description:

In the wake of a second attempt on her life, Lois takes the unprecedented step of…telling Superman to back off. As the Kiss of Death circles for another try, Lois’s search for answers takes her back into the political spotlight, while Renee uses a Gotham connection in an attempt to undo the damage she’s done and find answers to another set of questions entirely.

No comments: