Sunday, April 26, 2020

Storytime: Michelle Obama reading "The Gruffalo"

Happy Lazy Sunday!

I did nothing today except relax and watch a little TV. This is the first time today I've gone online and that's so I can post this storytime video of former First Lady Michelle Obama reading the children's book The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson with illustrations by Axel Scheffler. I think it's so cool that the First Lady will be reading books live for storytime every Monday at noon EST for the next four weeks from April 20th to May 11th on the PBS KIDS and Penguin Random House social media pages. Afterwards the video will be available and here is the first one from last Monday.

I know I read a lot of books when I was little but surprisingly I've never read this book. And if I did, I certainly don't remember it. Maybe I'll order a copy and give it a read.



Book


Book: The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and illustrations by Axel Scheffler

Description:

A mouse is taking a stroll through the deep, dark wood when along comes a hungry fox, then an owl, and then a snake. The mouse is good enough to eat but smart enough to know this, so he invents . . . the gruffalo! As Mouse explains, the gruffalo is a creature with terrible claws, and terrible tusks in its terrible jaws, and knobbly knees and turned-out toes, and a poisonous wart at the end of its nose. But Mouse has no worry to show. After all, there’s no such thing as a gruffalo. . . .

No comments: