Sunday, June 14, 2020

Man of Steel's 7th Anniversary

It's the seventh anniversary of the Man of Steel movie. Despite being a big Superman fan, I admit I'm not the biggest fan of this movie and my list of reasons is long. Here are a few: I was disappointed with the story, this version of Clark Kent and Superman, the lack of chemistry between Clark and Lois Lane (which improved in the follow up movies), the terrible take on Jonathon Kent and the equally terrible ending.

Although I didn't enjoy the movie, I did enjoy the Man of Steel novelization by Greg Cox. I found it to be a much better version of the film, so if you didn't like the movie maybe think of giving the book a read.


Book: Man of Steel Novelization by Greg Cox

Description:

A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers, and that he is not of this Earth. As he approaches adulthood, he journeys to discover where he came from, and what he was sent here to accomplish.

But then the world faces an unimaginable threat—an invading force the likes of which has never been encountered before. When this occurs, the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation, and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

No comments: