Friday, December 18, 2020

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom Thoughts #2


It's Friday, what fandom or geek topics are on your mind? Well, I have a few:

- With so many upcoming Marvel movies and TV shows soon to be released, I hope the writers don't forget that Alfonso "Mack" Mackenzie (Henry Simmons) is the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I know anything or anyone connected to or associated with the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series tends to get overlooked or ignored by the MCU. But it would be really awesome if Director Mackenzie could make an appearance but if that's not possible then at least mention him in some of the new shows and movies.



- Today is the 5th of anniversary of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I know the Disney Star War trilogy has received mixed reactions from fans but I'm sure the one thing almost all of us shared was the excitement at the time of wanting to see TFA before it was released. Whether after seeing it you liked it or not, at least we can still remember all the excitement we had. As for myself, I really enjoyed watching the movie, however, I didn't like Han Solo being killed or how it felt like the movie rehashed things from the original trilogy. But all that aside, I really did enjoy it, so Happy Anniversary Star Wars: The Force Awakens!




- It's sad to say that Batman used to be considered the World's Greatest Detective. Because it seems like writers and screenwriters are more focused on making Batman into a violent vigilant instead of hero helping people. I want more of Batman using his detective skills and less of him punching first and asking questions and finding clues later.




- Even though I saw the spoilers for the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian, it didn't ruin my interest in seeing the episode. But I do need to get caught up on the show. I do wonder if at some point Disney will release the first and second seasons on DVD/Blu-ray.


No comments: