Thursday, April 29, 2021

Book Girl Thoughts: No More Pressure to Read

The other day I saw this quote "don't be so hard on yourself" and it made me think about how there is so much pressure among book reviewers and bloggers to read a lot of books. From the pressure some might put on themselves to read a certain number of books each year to all the book reading challenges (which includes the popular Goodreads Reading Challenge) they might join.

I think that pressure factored into the most reading block I had because I felt like I wasn't reading enough books especially compared to how I used to read. But what ended my reading block was realizing that I love to read and review books and that it doesn't matter how many books I read, all that matters is that I enjoy the books I'm reading. It doesn't matter if I only read five books this year as long as they're books that I wanted to read.

I feel like removing that pressure has made it so much easier to get back into reading. I'm really enjoying the book I'm currently reading, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan by Drew Karpyshyn and I'm actually excited about finding my next read after I finish this one. So without the self-imposed pressure, reading has become really fun and enjoyable, as it once was.

No comments: