Thursday, April 22, 2021

Happy Earth Day!


What I love about Earth Day is that it reminds everyone to do what you can to protect the environment. We all know how important it is to think about the effect our lives have on the environment. Which is why I don't think you have to do a lot of big changes to make a difference. There are a lot of little earth-friendly things you can do and some of the things that I do are:

1. Always turn off the lights when I'm not using them or when I leave a room.

2. Turn off the TV and computer when I'm no longer watching or using them and unplug chargers and other items when not in use.

3. Don't leave the water running when I brush my teeth, wash my face and hair.

4. I use a reusable water bottle whenever I go out and drink from glasses at home.

5. I stopped buying body wash and instead use bar soap. It's less packaging.

6. Use tote bags when shopping.

7. If I can buy something in a store instead of ordering it online, I try to do that as much as possible.

8. I try to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as possible.

9. I feed the birds by putting up a few bird feeders to help them find food which can be a little difficult for birds during the winter.

10. I occasionally buy a few books from thrift stores. It's a good way to find slightly older books at a good price. I also try to check out books from the library.

11. I use rechargeable batteries. So I don't have to keep buying a lot of batteries.

12. I also don't litter.

No comments: