Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Book of Interest: Silk vol #1: Threats and Menaces

I might have put a pause on my Comic Book Wednesday lists but it's still Comic Book Wednesday. And I wanted to post a book that I'm really interested in reading, Silk volume #1. I didn't get a chance to read this miniseries when the issues were first released which is why I want to get the trade edition. I love how comic book writers continue to work in the reporter/superhero angle with characters and Cindy Moon is just the latest and I can't believe she's working for J. Jonah Jameson. But I guess it's a job. If this miniseries continues Cindy could always find another media job if working for Jameson isn't the best. Anyway, I really want to read this.


Book: Silk volume #1: Threats and Menaces (issues #1-5) by Maurene Goo and illustration by Takeshi Miyazawa

Publication Date: November 23, 2021

Description:

By day Cindy Moon is an intrepid reporter for the upstart new media empire Threats & Menaces, under her old boss J. Jonah Jameson. By night she’s Silk, crime-fighting super hero! But Cindy’s worlds are about to collide when her latest investigation puts Silk and everyone she loves in danger! Someone is killing gangsters in Queens, leaving behind a trail of blood and…fur?

Who is this powerful new player in New York’s underworld? Where did she come from…and what is she doing with a strange cat demon? It will take all of Cindy’s prowess as reporter and hero to find the answers — and stay alive! But even as a perilous meeting with tech CEO Saya Ishii brings Cindy one step closer to the truth, a classic Spidey villain sets his sights on Silk!

No comments: