Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Fandom: Have Fans Stopped Enjoying Things?

Lately, I feel like fans have lost the art of enjoying things. Fandom has gotten to a point where people just don't know how to have fun anymore. It seems like fans just seem to dislike almost everything they're watching, reading, etc., when did fans stop enjoying things? I think to enjoy something, it has to be something you're interested in and not watch or read something because it's popular or the current trend.

There are a lot of fans who say they don't like or hate a show but yet they still continue to watch it. I'm not talking about for instance if you're favorite show is having an off season or a few bad episodes and you're continuing to watch it (i.e. 9-1-1's fifth season), I'm talking about fans who hate watch shows. For instance, there are fans who say they hate the show Emily in Paris yet they continue to watch it. I don't understand that, it makes no sense. If you don't enjoy it, why watch it? I'm starting to think that the only thing some fans are enjoying is not liking stuff.

I feel like you don't have to watch or read something just because it seems like everyone else is. There are so many books, movies and shows you can choose from that you could be enjoying, why waste your time making yourself miserable watching or reading something you don't like? This is just my opinion but I don't see the point in watching something you don't like especially if you're not enjoying it.

No comments: