Thursday, August 25, 2022

Entertainment News #9: Bring It On, Anniversaries and Superman & Lois



- Happy 22nd Anniversary to the movie Bring It On! The movie premiered in theatres August 25, 2000 and it was directed by Peyton Reed and written by Jessica Bendinger. The movie stars include: Kirsten Dunst, Eliza Dushku, Gabrielle Union, Jesse Bradford, Clare Kramer, Nicole Bilderback, Lindsay Sloane and Natina Reed. I love this movie, it's one of my favorite sports films that's filled with humor, drama, friendship, rivalry, cool routines and a little romance. This movie has it all.

I love that it showed how the Toros, cheerleaders from the suburban Rancho Carne High School, had been over the years stealing the cheers and chorography from the Clovers, the Black cheerleaders from East Compton. The Toros not only have been using the Clovers moves for their school's cheering performances but were also using them to win cheerleading competitions.

What I love about this movie is that without a doubt the Clovers were a better cheerleading team. All their hard work of creating their own routines and moves but they were were constantly being stolen. I love that they were able to take back their power and voice and finally show the cheerleading world who the real champions were. I also really like that once the Toros captain Torrance Shipman found out about the stolen routines she didn't want to use them. However, she was out voted by the rest of the team (minus Missy who also didn't want to use the Clovers routines). I really do love this movie, Happy 22nd Anniversary Bring It On!






- Some other notable anniversaries: Living Single TV series - 29th anniversary (8-22-93) and Batman: Arkham Asylam video game - 13th anniversary (8-25-09). Living Single is really good and funny modern classic TV series and it's one of my favorite shows. It stayed on for five seasons and what I find interesting is that the show continues to gain new fans and viewers. Although I don't buy or play a lot of video games, The Batman: Arkham Asylam video game is one of my favorite games. I still love playing this game, this is probably one of the few games that I can easily lose time playing.






- I'm surprised to hear this news that actor Jordan Elsass is not returning for the third season of The CW's Superman & Lois. Elsass played one of Lois Lane and Clark Kent's twin sons Jonathan Kent. In other surprising news, the role will be recast. I kind of wish the Showrunners and writers would write out the character instead of recasting because in the comics Lois and Clark only have one son instead of twins. Well, whoever ends up being cast I hope 1) they'll be a good actor (because Elsass did a good job with the character) and 2) they will have good chemistry with the rest of the cast.

No comments: