Wednesday, September 14, 2022

What's a show you just found?

A show that I recently found and started watching is Queen America which is a dramedy set in the beauty pageant world. I watched the first two episodes and I absolutely love this show, it's manages to be sincere while having a really wry humor. Unfortunately, the show was already cancelled after one season when I found it. Queen America which has 10 episodes premiered on November 18, 2018 on Facebook Watch, and nothing against Facebook, but that doesn't seem like the most ideal place to air a TV show.

Too bad the show didn't air on a network or cable channel or one of the more well known streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) instead of Facebook Watch. Because this show feels like it would have been a hit if it had aired anywhere else. It's been nearly four years since this show premiered and I'm just now finding out about it. I guess whatever marketing this show had, I never saw it because I recently found this show by accident. I was looking for something else and a picture for it was in the search results.

Anyway, as far as I know, you don't have to sign up for Facebook (which I'm not) to watch the show. Just go to the Queen America page on Facebook to watch it.

Queen America (Facebook Watch)


Starring: Catherine Zeta-Jones, Belle Shouse, Teagle F. Bougere, Rana Roy, Molly Price, Isabella Amara, Megan West, Victoria Justice, Evan Castelloe, Judith Light, Jennifer Westfeldt, Tom Ellis, Robert Pralgo and more

Creator: Meaghan Oppenheimer

Description:

A renowned (and ruthless) pageant coach, desperately sought after by young women competing to be Miss America because she can turn any girl into a winner, is challenged to train a beautiful, yet unpolished and untested, contestant.

No comments: