Monday, April 24, 2023

Monday Motivation: Is Keeping Track of Your Workouts a Good Motivator?

I remember reading something that said that a good way to help keep yourself motivated to workout or exercise is to post it online. It's a way to note your progress and keep yourself accountable. It's a good idea and you can also keep track with a calendar, planner, notebook, spreadsheet or workout sheets, if you don't want to post anything online. I think the simple act of writing it down really does help motivate you to exercise because it shows what you've already done.

This morning I went for a 40 minute walk, I've been trying to go for at least a 30 minute walk daily so that even if I don't get in any other workout, I at least went for a relaxing and energizing walk. I keep track by just writing it in my planner. I try to make sure I walk but I don't always get a chance to but when I do, it feels good and I like to make note of it.

Do you think keeping track of your workout is a good motivator or not?

No comments: