Thursday, May 4, 2023

Video: A Better Understanding of the Writers' Strike

I love writing about books, movies, shows and all the characters and stories that I love for Book Girl. I know at times being a writer feels like writing and researching or doing non-stop homework but I love it. Because it's so much fun writing about the things that interesting me and sharing it with other fans or anyone else who is interested in reading what I write or post.

I want to do more with Book Girl and really focus more on books, movies, shows, fashion, geeky stuff and other lifestyle areas. I love writing for Book Girl because I love being able to focus on the big and little things of being a geek. Also I feel like books, movies and shows allow people to feel seen and heard.

I say all this because stories truly matter. All of this stuff is art and we wouldn't have any of it, if it wasn't for the people who write them. And it goes without saying that the people who write these stories should have better working conditions and livable wages. Which is why I'm stating that I support the WGA (Writers Guild of America) and all the writers that are fighting for a better future in their careeers and in this creative field where most writers don’t get enough credit, respect or pay that they deserve.

Below is a video from writer Franchesca Ramsey providing information about the writers strike.

Video Source: Franchesca Ramsey  (Twitter: chescaleigh)

No comments: