Sunday, July 16, 2023

What Have You Been Watching During Hiatus Season?

Happy Sunday! I was wondering what have you been watching for Hiatus Season?

So far I've watched the TV series, The Muppets Mayhem on Disney+, it's really good. I just loved watching as the show followed The Electric Mayhem, a zany ragtag band, who were helped by Nora Singh, a music executive and Gary "Moog" Moogowski, a superfan in getting their first album recorded. The Electric Mayhem had been touring and playing music for years but never quite got around to actually creating and releasing an album. That is until now.

There's only 10 episodes in the first season but it's was just so funny and interesting and weird as you would expect a Muppet movie or show to be. There was also a lot of mishaps, misunderstandings and music along the way to creating their album but in the end it was worth it. I really enjoyed watching this. Which is why I hope the show will eventually get renewed for a second season because I want to see more.

(The Muppets Mayhem)

I also watched the movie Flamin' Hot which is also on Disney+ (and Hulu) and it was also really good. I enjoyed watching every minute of this inspirational movie which followed Richard Montanez, who as a janitor at one of the Frito Lay factories had the brilliant idea to create a spicy version of Cheetos, the Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Unfortunately, Richard had a job that's thankless and unappreciated and can make someone working these types of jobs go unnoticed by society. But what I love is that he didn't let that stop him, he took a chance and created a product that was unique. And then he took an even bigger chance (and risk) trying to get it on store shelves. Especially since the odds were not in his favor but he believed in it and so did his wife and kids and it ended up becoming a very successful product.

There are some questions and discussions on whether or not this movie is based on a true story. However, true story or not, this was a really good movie. I do have to admit that I'm a Flamin' Hot Cheetos fan, I don't eat them often but they are one of my favorite snacks. So to watch a movie about the creation of them was pretty cool.

(Flamin' Hot)

No comments: