Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Entertainment News #30: iCarly Revival Cancelled


I'm sure my fellow iCarly fans have already heard the disappointing news that the iCarly revival series has been cancelled after three seasons by Paramount Plus. This was truly surprising news because the show is definitely a fan favorite. I would loved to know the reason (so far it hasn't been reported) as to why this show got cancelled. For anyone who never watched the revival, the show followed Carly Shay who brought back her web show iCarly while also trying to navigate life as an adult. Along for the journey was her older brother Spencer, her best friend (and soon to be boyfriend) Freddie Benson and some new and old friends.

It really is disappointing that this show was cancelled but I want to thank the actors and the creative team for successfully reviving this show. It can be difficult to bring back a popular show but they did. I'm usually not a fan of reboots and revivals but I found they did a really good job with this show. It still felt like the original show but also felt new and refreshing as it centered around these adult characters. I truly wish the actors and creative team all the best and success in their next projects.

(iCarly season 3 episode 10: iHave a Proposal)

No comments: