Thursday, August 1, 2024

Quote: Evan Buckley, Robert Nash and Henrietta Wilson (9-1-1)

Buck: I know what this looks like.

Bobby: Looks like you took the engine out in your street clothes.

Buck: I didn't really have time to change.

Bobby: Athena Grant called me, wanted to tell me what an asset you are. Told her she was half right.

Buck: You giving me another chance?

Bobby: You've used all your chances, so have I. Because somehow I have failed to communicate to you how lucky we are to do what we do.

Buck: You're wrong, Bobby. I absolutely do get what a privilege it is to serve here. And you know what? You were right to fire me. I was a punk. Uh, I still am one. But I'm a punk who understands what he lost. Just needed you to know that.

Bobby: I hope you mean that. Yeah. Yeah. Go get dressed.

Buck: I think I'm not fired.

Hen: Your shift's not over yet.

~ Evan "Buck" Buckley, Robert "Bobby" Nash and Henrietta "Hen" Wilson, 9-1-1 season 1 episode 1: Pilot

Buck really did deserve to be fired. He wouldn't be the character he is now without it happening. A while back, I wrote about it in this post, How getting fired was the change Buck needed for growth. Please feel free to give it a read.

(9-1-1 season 1 episode 1: Pilot)

No comments: