So if that's the case, does that mean she's an alien from Tamaran like Starfire? Or is she a demon like Raven? Or a mutant or can change into various animals like Beast Boy? Or is she an orphaned circus performer who was adopted by a billionaire like Robin? Or was she raised and trained by an assassin whose father is also that same billionaire like Damian? Yet, she has no problem writing about these characters. And not to mention, she found their point of view but couldn't for Cyborg. Apparently, he will be featured in the final book with all the Titans together. A quick update, surprisingly Cyborg is in the Starfire book as a supporting character. Which again begs the question, why couldn't he have had his own book?
So, if she had no problem writing about him in both the Starfire book and the final book, why couldn't she have written a book for him? It just felt like she gave a poor excuse for not wanting to write for him. And it's a really bad look from both her and DC Comics that Cyborg is the only one who didn't get a book. If I do read this series, I'm going see if I can find the books used or at a thrift store.
Update to add: I kept thinking about this and I just don't get why she couldn't write a book for Cyborg. Like the others, he's a teen hero and due to an accident was given cybernetics that allowed him to be a living weapon. Cyborg is a pretty interesting character, and his race and ethnicity is only one aspect to who he is, it's just so disappointing that he didn't get a comic book in this series.

No comments:
Post a Comment