Monday, December 31, 2012

Book Review: Superman: Reign of Doomsday


Book: Superman: Reign of Doomsday (issues: Action Comics #900-904) by Paul Cornell with various artists

Edition: Single Print Issues

Description:

Doomsday has returned! The monster that originally took Superman's life in a battle that destroyed half of Metropolis comes back for another round with the Man of Steel--already savagely beating some of Superman's closest allies. Writer Paul Cornell pens a tale that not only puts Superman in a fight for his life--but in a fight for the life of Superboy, Supergirl and all members of the Superman family.



Rating: 4 stars

My Review:

I thought this was a great end to the series, since these were the last five issues of Action Comics before the re-boot. In these issues, you had the Super Family (including a few other heroes) trying to stop multiple Doomsdays as well as the Doomslayer. I like that you got to see the Super Family team up (which you don't really see as often as the Bat Family's team up). I love the non-stop action and found the Doomslayer story line to be really interesting.

I love the ending with Lois and Clark together at a restaurant. Since this will mark the end of their marriage it was nice to see them together in the end.

As the last book (single issues) that I read for 2012, I was happy because this turned out to be a really good read. And since, I'm a Superman fan these issues felt like an action packed, sentimental run to a good series.


Happy New Year's Eve!!!  See you in the 2013!!

No comments: