Monday, December 31, 2012

Illustration of the Day: Harry Potter 8th Year: Confessions



Artwork: Can You? by ile-o

This fan made comic (I love the art style) takes place in their 8th year at Hogwarts. The students have created a school newspaper which includes a column where students can submit anonymous confessions. (I just love Ron in the first panel, he is only concerned with eating his breakfast. He doesn't seem to care one bit what Harry and Hermione are talking about.)

A confession that Hermione is very persistently trying to get Harry to read is to believed to be written by Draco.

The confession reads: "I know that some of the choices that I, and my family, made were the incorrect ones. It is far easier to look back and point to incidences and circumstances wherein one might have made better decisions, but at the time it seemed we all had little choice. We were in the thick of it and with such a shadow looming over our heads, it seemed prudent to follow the path that would allow us to survive. Choosing differently would have meant torture and death, and yet, at times, I sincerely regret not making a more noble choice. I heartily apologize to those persons hurt by my actions and I will spend the rest of my time, efforts, and Galleons to make some attempt at reparation".

After reading the confession, Harry got a better understanding of what motivated Draco in aiding Voldemort. In the last few panels, Harry felt the need to apologize and also to ask Draco if he could forgive him for the Sectumsempra spell that Harry casted during their 6th year. I wonder if the author will continue this because it would be interesting to know how Draco would respond.

No comments: