Friday, November 29, 2013

Book Review: The X-Files Season 10 vol. #1


Book: The X-Files Season 10 volume #1 (issues #1-5) by Joe Harris with illustrations by Michael Walsh

Source: Borrowed from publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: December 24, 2013

Rating: 4 1/2 stars

Review:

I really liked this. I thought the writer did a really good job of balancing the drama and action. The story was really smart and a little creepy and had me wanting to know what was going to happen. This had a lot of the familiar characters from the show and few you thought you would never see again. This was really good.

Something really strange was happening, someone has hacked the government files including files of the now closed The X-File which has put all those who were once involved, in trouble. Former agents Mulder and Scully who now go by assumed names are now living in Virginia, when Former X-Files director Skinner shows up to warn them about the hacking. The warning wasn't early enough because they were each soon targeted by a mysterious group in search of something extremely special.

My only complaint, is the artwork. I do wish it was a bit more polished because it was just okay. Hopefully, the artwork will be better in the sixth issue.

I thought these five issues were a great way to re-introduce Fox Mulder and Dana Scully back into the world they had left behind. This brought back the mysterious paranormal world of The X-Files and as a fan of the show, I can't wait to read more from this series. I can't wait.

No comments: