Saturday, April 12, 2014

Book Review: Ben 10 vol #1


Book: Ben 10 volume #1 by Jason Henderson

Illustrations by Gordon Purcell (issues #1, 2 and 4) and Eddie Nunez (issue #3)
Inks by Scott Macrae (issues #1, 2, and 4)
Color by Jason Lewis


Edition: I read the four single issues

Rating: 4 stars

Review:

I just got back in from enjoying a beautiful day, it was sunny and perfect for just being out. I thought I would post my review for Ben 10 before I sit back and relax.

In this fun action packed adventure story, Ben Tennyson while taking a vacation with his Grandpa Max, his cousin Gwen, his friend (and Gwen's boyfriend) Kevin Levin and his new Plumbers partner Rook found themselves dealing with old enemy, Ssserpent and getting involved between an Intergalactic fight in the waters between Ssserpent and the citizens of Terrapiscuss.

And a girl named Lorelai that Ben met on the cruise ship made be more than just an ordinary girl.

I really enjoyed this, it felt like I was watching an episode of the Ben 10: Omniverse series. My only complaint is with the artwork, for Ben and Lorelai, they were either drawn as if they were little kids instead of teenagers or really weird looking with big eyes. And in the third issue Gwen and Kevin were drawn way older than should be.

That was only problem I had with this because I thought the story was exciting and the characters were interesting.

No comments: