Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Book Review: The People Inside


Book: The People Inside by Ray Fawkes

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: August 13, 2014

Description:

A new original graphic novel from the Eisner-nominated cartoonist of One Soul!

This ground-breaking new book looks at the lives and relationships of 24 individuals in a way only the medium of sequential art could.

Relationships change, grow, and end, but the one thing that always remains is the people inside who define both ourselves and our liaisons.



Rating: 1 star (Did Not Finish)

Review:

This is the second time that I have not finished reading a comic book. For some reason, I just couldn't connect with this.

The book takes you into the lives of 24 couples but it's told through poetry that goes across each picture.

I like poetry and stories that make you think but I found it a little confusing following all the couples especially with the art where at times it was hard to figure out what was going on.

As for this book I'll pass on it but I noticed on Goodreads it's received a lot of good reviews. So, I guess it just means this wasn't for me.

No comments: