Thursday, July 3, 2014

Book Review: Pretty Deadly vol #1


Book: Pretty Deadly volume #1 (issues #1-5) by Kelly Sue DeConnick with illustrations by Emma Rios and color by Jordie Bellaire

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: Available now

Description:

Kelly Sue DeConnick (Avengers Assemble,Captain Marvel) and Emma Rios (Dr. Strange,Osborn) present the collected opening arc of their surprise-hit series that marries the magical realism of Sandman with the western brutality of Preacher.

Death's daughter rides the wind on a horse made of smoke and her face bears the skull marks of her father.

Her origin story is a tale of retribution as beautifully lush as it is unflinchingly savage.



Rating: 1 star

Review:

I applaud this for being different and unique but I guess it wasn't for me. I really couldn't get into the story.

The story was moving too slow and it was also a little boring. For me, I didn't really quite understand what was going on. While I was reading, more and more questions kept popping up instead of being answered.

This story is being told by a rabbit (well the skeleton of a rabbit) and a butterfly which had something to do with the daughter of death and a few other characters set during a western but as I said earlier it just didn't make any sense to me.

I really wish this story had been so much more interesting because it had a lot of good potential.

No comments: