Friday, July 25, 2014

Book Review: The Wraith


Book: The Wraith (issues #1-6) by Joe Hill with illustrations by Charles Paul Wilson III

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: August 12, 2014

Description:

Joe Hill's New York Times Bestselling novel, NOS4A2, introduced readers to the terrifying funhouse world of Christmasland, and the mad man who rules there: Charlie Talent Manx III. Now, in an original new comic mini-series, Hill throws wide the candy cane gates to tell a standalone story that is at once both accessible to new readers, and sure to delight fans of the book.


Rating: 1 star (Did Not Finish)

Review:

It was hard to get into this not to mention I found the writing to be condescending and sexist. With each page that I tried to read I found myself quickly losing interest.

I love a good horror or scary story but this wasn't scary it was some twisted demented violent story that felt like it was more interested in trying to shock people than tell a good story. What happened to good story telling?

Overall, I thought both the story and the artwork were not very good. I feel like I wasted my time trying to read this.

No comments: