Friday, March 6, 2015

Book Review: Rings of Passage


Book: Rings of Passage: A Time Travel Novel with Richard III by Karla Tipton

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: Available now

Description:

Anise Wynford stumbled down her porch steps in 21st century Massachusetts into a raging medieval battle. She finds herself trapped between the royal houses of York and Lancaster in the final days of the Wars of the Roses.

As she navigates the complex rules of politics and etiquette in the king's court, Anise falls in love with Richard III and he with her, but she knows Richard is soon destined to die at the Battle of Bosworth Field. If Anise chooses to save his life and her love, she will alter the course of history.


Rating: 1 star

Review:

Here is another book that should have been added to my Did Not Finish pile, I had a difficult time trying to read this book and I can't believe I finished it. I found the writing to be confusing and I was growing bored with the story. The description for this really had me interested in reading this but I just couldn't connect with the story.

The story opens with Anise Wynford waking up while in the middle of huge medieval battle. She's not sure how she got there but her last memories were of some guy grabbing her at her farmhouse before she wound up in the past. She later describes how she found a ring back at her house, the farmhouse she recently inherited from her father, which some how magically transported her back to the past. She was still wearing the costume from rehearsal of the play of Richard III she was supposed to be in.

After Anise meets King Richard, she instantly fell for him and her new goal was to try to save him from his fated history. This was so boring and far too predictable, you could easily see what was going to happen.

There was also nothing in this story that held my attention or kept me interesting in reading more of this. I still have no idea why I even finished this especially since both the characters and the story were neither interesting or enjoyable. I certainly wasn't satisfied with how this story ended that's for sure.

No comments: