Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Art Work of the Day: Wonder Woman


Artwork: Wonder Woman by Dan Luvisi

I still don't like that Wonder Woman is now the daughter of Zeus. She's just a female Hercules now instead of having her own origin. I don't buy that "fans" couldn't relate to her being made from clay. However, they can understand a baby from Krypton turning into Superman or guy bitten from a radioactive spider turning into Spider-Man.

It was her own story not someone elses. I guess DC Comics forgot they already did that with Cassandra Sandmark (Wonder Girl). I feel like they are trying to give Wonder Girl's story to Wonder Woman. Cassie dated Superboy now Wonder Woman is dating Superman. That is so lame.

I miss the Wonder Woman who was a smart, tough, compassionate leader. If you read Superman/Batman: Supergirl you will see the Wonder Woman that I am talking about. She wasn't some whiny lonely emo-woman who uses anger and rage to fuel her. She was a warrior as well as a Princess.

No comments: