Thursday, October 25, 2012

Illustration of the Day: Martha, Jonathan and Clark Kent


Illustration: Superman: Birthright

It's really a shame that the executives over at DC Comics thought Jonathan and Martha Kent were no longer needed for the Superman comics. I never felt like they hindered him in any way (unlike on Smallville). They were the two people in the world who loved Clark unconditionally but that didn't stop them from telling him the hard truth when needed. They were his parents and his first contact to humanity.

How was getting rid of Mr. and Mrs. Kent making Superman more relatable?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a thousand years late seeing this, but I was answering a question about glasses & disguises & how could this fool anybody etc. & was looking for just these panels...thank you for posting them! I thought Birthright was a wonderful story.