Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What I think of the characters from the Superman movie


Artwork: Superman and Friends by OtisFrampton

I love this. It's based on the first Superman movie. I think the artist did a great job with each panel, just look at all the details in each picture. Featuring: Clark changing clothes in the revolving door, Lois on her terrace interviewing Superman, Lex looking pompous in his underground penthouse, Miss Eve Teschmacher most likely insulting Lex and happy-go-lucky Otis returning from buying the newspaper.

No matter how many new Superman movies are made, the first Superman movie continues to be one of my favorite. I like the second movie it was full of action but I found it hard to believe that Clark would give up his powers and I don't think Lois would have wanted him to either.

What I loved about the 1st movie was the story. It showed the destruction of Krypton to Clark growing up in Smallville but what I really enjoyed was Clark's arrival to Metropolis. He didn't even seem fazed that he was not fitting in with the fast moving city people. He didn't even care, he was just being himself.

I thought the characters were great: Clark Kent/Superman was smart and brave but most of all he had a heart and was compassionate.  Lois Lane was smart, sophisticated, independent and driven and felt no need to change who she was. I love that you could instantly see that Clark was taken in by her. She was like no other woman he had ever seen. It had Perry White yelling out some great lines. Lex Luthor was indeed a genius but he only thought to use it for his own benefit. I love that Miss Teschmacher had no problem tossing out insults to Lex. Last but not least, poor Otis, who was perfect comic relief.

No comments: