Monday, May 20, 2013

Bout of Books Wrap Up


Time Devoted to Reading:

I didn't devote any specific time to reading, I just read whenever I could throughout the day. I found it easier not to have an allotted time or set schedule. I just spent my extra time reading some good books. Without the pressure, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to complete a book in a day.

Goals:

My goal was to read seven books and I am happy to say I reached my goal.


Books:

The books I chose were:

- A Will and A Way by Nora Roberts

- Case Closed volume #3 by Gosho Aoyama

Vanity, Vengeance and a Weekend in Vegas (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #6) by Kyra Davis

- Peace, Love and Cupcakes (The Cupcake Club #1) by Sheryl Berk and Carrie Berk

- The Huntress: Darknight Daughter written by Paul Levitz and illustrations by Joe Staton

- Please Don't Eat the Daisies by Jean Kerr with illustrations by Martha Blanchard

- Junie B. Jones and that Meanie Jim's Birthday (Junie B. Jones #6) written by Barbara Park with illustrations by Denise Brukus


What I loved about the Bout of Books read-a-thon was the chance to challenge myself and to meet other readers on Twitter. In fact I enjoyed this so much, I decided to continue with a challenge of my own. Yesterday I started reading "The Two Towers" by J.R.R. Tolkien for the Book Girl read-a-thon. I checked out six books from the library and I plan to read each in three weeks. Hopefully, I'll have as much fun with this one as I did with Bout of Books.

I plan on signing up for the next Bout of Books read-a-thon in August.

No comments: