Sunday, May 19, 2013

Illustration of the Day: Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)


Illustration: Batman: Gotham Knights issue #42

Cassandra has had difficulty with her reading and on some level, communication and social skills as well. In the scene above you can see that despite it being hard for Cass to convey what she means, it doesn't deter her from trying to buy a card for Alfred, who had become sick.

I miss Cass not being in the new 52 but I'm starting to feel glad that she's not with the way so many of my favorite characters have been poorly written. I'm pretty sure if Cass was presented, we wouldn't get even a fraction of a scene like this above. She would be so redesigned that all of her good qualities would be nonexistent. I will continue to hope that the new 52 improves to the point that when Cass returns she will still be an amazing character.

No comments: