Monday, May 20, 2013

Movie Review for the Wonder Woman movie starring Cathy Lee Crosby


I watched the Wonder Woman movie starring Cathy Lee Crosby last night. This TV movie was before the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV series. I thought the movie wasn't bad, it just didn't feel like Wonder Woman. Aside from the part on the island where Diana was given her mission the rest of the movie felt like a cross between a spy movie and the original Charlie's Angels TV series.


What I found interesting about this movie was that Steve Trevor (Kaz Garas) already knew Diana was Wonder Woman. She posed as his secretary so she could have first hand knowledge on missions so she could investigate.


I didn't think there was any real need for Wonder Woman in this movie because the villain Mr. Abner Smith (Ricardo Montalban) and his lackeys didn't really strike me as such a threat that she was actually needed. Also, Diana did not have any powers, instead relied on her gadgets but like the traditional Wonder Woman she used her athletic ability and her intelligence to stop the villains.

As I was watching the movie, there were a couple of things I didn't understand: 1) How did the villains know she was Wonder Woman when she checked into the hotel in Paris? Unless the rogue Amazon Ahnjayla (Anitra Ford) told them but it's not shown so the viewers just had to come up with their own ideas as to how they found out. 2) If she flew her invisible plane to New York, then why was she outside the airport waiting for a taxi? Was it just to show Mr. Smith that she had beat him there.

Like I said this movie wasn't bad, it had an interesting plot and it was quite entertaining, I thought it would have made a great spy series. I also thought Diana had a really great wardrobe, she wore some really cute and glamorous clothes throughout the movie. Even with all those good things, this was just not Wonder Woman. The blonde hair, the lack of powers and the not so traditional Wonder Woman suit didn't help either.

As a huge Wonder Woman fan, I didn't think this was as awful as I've heard from other fans and read from reviews. It was a good movie it just wasn't Wonder Woman. I say see it for yourself and decide.

No comments: